Domestic Terrorism a Focus in Upcoming Legislative Session



In the last couple of years, we have become engaged citizens. People go to local board meetings, watch legislative sessions, write letters to government officials letting them know that we are unhappy with state and local government and are demanding better from them.


Thomas Jefferson stated, “The Spirit of resistance to government is so valuable on certain occasions, that I wish it to be always kept alive.”


We have had an awakening in this country, and the spirit of resistance is a fire that is burning in our hearts. Those that are in power in our great state, are feeling that resistance and are hoping to shut us down and put us back in our dutiful places.


In the upcoming legislative session, the Oregon Department of Justice is requesting to withdraw from participating in the High Intensity Drug Trafficking Area (HIDTA) and move both those funds and personel to a different focus. Instead of using resources to combat a still ongoing issue, they want to investigate the citizens that dare to stand up to the tyranny we have witnessed going on for almost two years.


In the Oregon DOB report, Deputy Attorney General, Lisa Upland states that the Department is focusing its efforts on HIDTA which only represents 2% of the reported crime in Oregon. The other 98% of crime that is a threat to public safety according to Upland includes… gun violence, election interference, bias crimes, domestic terrorism and violent extremism. Below is an excerpt from the report where she uses Attorney General Merrick Garland memo to the FBI to reiterate her point that domestic terrorism is happening in our local schools.



It could almost be funny if it wasn’t so disturbing that the Oregon Department of Justice could so boldly ignore the riots, mayhem and destruction caused by Antifa and BLM over the last couple of years. Instead, Lisa Upland uses a letter written by our very own senators Merkley and Wyden, urging Merrick Garland to do something about domestic terrorism, because Oregon was in the midst of a Proud Boy domestic terrorism take over.